Friday, August 22, 2008

Its going to just get better

So I've made my appointment with the French Embassy for September 12th to apply for my long stay visa. That is probably the only time in this whole process that I felt PANIC PANIC, lol but I know that this far in the game I just have to trust that God has everything under control. Many of you are still asking what I am going to be doing there. I am going for a year or so for my masters in International Relations and Diplomacy. I'm hoping to one day work for the United Nations or for an Embassy. I decided to study in France because duh why not lol, well that and because you have to know French to work for the UN. So after researching schools and not really wanting to just move to another state, I decided to give abroad a chance.

Ma Maison

Well God is amazing and does things even our mind can't comprehend. I was reading Pastor David's daily devotional today and there was something that really stuck out to me that the Pastor said."But Jesus can’t be confined. He is constantly breaking out of our little, confining circles, and always reaching out to the uttermost." That is so true I put Jesus in this box, planning for weeks about where I was going to live in Paris(and none of the options worked mind you) Well he broke out of that. One the way back from the choir picnic my mom gives me a call and in the middle of our chit chat she tells me if I want to hear good news, I'm like (sigh) sure, cause to my mom good news can be so random, but anyway she then tells me that Kadia a woman from the ministry she is involved with offered me an apartment that she had in Paris when she found out that I was applying to school there. She told my mom that all I had to do was get accepted then pack my bags, screaming followed and I just really couldn't believe it, and mind you this is before I even found out that I was accepted. I really couldn't believe that, to top it off I will be rooming with her daughter Leila which many of you know, can we say PRAISE GOD!!!!! she is def a sweetheart and to have someone there that is a Christain and speaks FRENCH phewww (wipe brow) not a game. So details to come on where the apt is and such and such.

L'école

So I get my tuition bill today in the mail, and let me just say even though it is cheaper than other grad schools I looked at in the States and I have always found a way to pay for school but for some reason seeing the figures on paper gave me a mini heart attack. So after 5 seconds of depression I took a couple of deep breathes and reminded myself that now its the time I had to walk my talk. This by far is one of the most challenging things I've ever done. But I know it is for a purpose that is bigger than my plans.

Prayer Request
Visa application process to run smoothly
Finanacial aid to come through
Smooth transition when I move
Laptop
Graduate undergrad (Dec 2008)

P.S. Petite fille de dieu means God's little girl not little peice of beef *cough cough* Gayle. lol lol

Every valley shall be exalted, and every mountain and hill shall be made low: and the crooked shall be made straight and the rough places plain: And the glory of the LORD shall be revealed, and all flesh shall see it together: for the mouth of the LORD hath spoken it.
Isaiah 40:4-5

No comments: