Monday, August 18, 2008

A New Beginning

Hi All!

Well this is the beginning of a new phase in my life. Excitement with a mix of apprehension seems to be the best way to describe it all.

I got my acceptance to Schiller International University in Paris to get my Masters of Arts in International Relations and Diplomacy. I begin January 2, 2009.

God is opening up so many doors and He is showing himself faithful in every situation. Since I got my acceptance on Friday August 15th all its been is work and planning. I had to buy my plane ticket (Dec 29th), fill out financial aid papers, search for grants, buy a laptop, sell a computer and etc...etc...etc... but its not overwhelming (yet) so I'm just trying to stay on top of it, because before I know it, its time for me to go.

I will try and update this blog every week with something of interest. Thank You all for your love and support.


Prayer Request

Visa
Graduation from undergrad(Dec)
Job placement from school in Paris
Awarded grants/Scholarships
Transition to be smooth.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

You go girl! Gettin' all edumacated and stuff! I'm proud of you!!!

--Erika

Anonymous said...

WHOA! I obviously missed something when I first speed-read your blog -- YOU'RE MOVING TO PARIS?!! That's amazing. I'm so excited for you! Not only will you be edumacated, but stylin' and high-falutin' too! You really GO GIRL -- all the way to Paris!

--Erika

Anonymous said...

Ruth, il y a beauçoup de choses à faire à Paris- totalement gratuit!

Search different websites like the one below and you'll find lots of cool suggestions:

http://gofrance.about.com/od/parisattractions/tp/freeparis.htm

This is just wonderful!!

Can I come visit? ;-)

Nomsa

Anonymous said...

I am so happy for you!!!!
So what are you going to be studding there & How long will you be there for school?
Becky

Anonymous said...

I have to admit I thought I was going to a menu and could order the petite fille -- so you can imagine my surprise to see that it was about our Ruth headed off to Paris! Be sure to obey all the intern rules while you are there --the curfews, the no-dating, and the 3 times per week church attendance. I am very proud of you!

Anonymous said...

I feel sad just thinking you won't drop by my office and chat for the next couple of years. Just don't decide to make Paris you permanent home. Just kidding! May the Lord continue to guide your steps...

Rosa