Monday, September 15, 2008

Biting my nails in the waiting room


Hey guys I haven’t written in like forever. I just wanted to update you on a couple of things that’s been going on and ask you for some much needed prayer. First off in this period in my life, I am learning to trust in God more than ever before. I am naturally a planner and can tell you want I want to do from point A to Z, but right now I’m just seeing God unfold his plan little by little and some(many)times not seeing His will at all just trusting that He will show me in His time. I have a couple of sweet treats for you so let’s start with the best one. So I had my visa interview on September 12th and I took the day off of work, made sure I had all the proper documents and dressed to the nines. Well as I am on the train a couple of stops away from where I need to get off, I suddenly remember I FORGOT MY PASSPORT!!!!!! Well to my utter dismay and disappointment the Lord didn’t give me super powers to blink and teleport my way back home in a flash so I had to hail a cab from Manhattan to Brooklyn, being early I did have enough time to get to my house, grab my passport and head back… but alas (cue music) TRAFFIC.. so after kicking myself 20 times, paying a hefty cab bill and finally reaching home, I put my pajamas back on laid in bed and said alright Lord I give it to you. So yes I am a dork, and yes the Lord is sooo in control and yes I rescheduled for Oct 2nd. The second sweet tart is I got a PT job, I work at a clothing store and loving it, time goes by quick and I am hoping this helps with some of my financials. The next slice is that I was able to get a laptop and sell my computer. Ok and to top it all of with a nice cherry is that I still have to complete 2 courses for my undergrad diploma (no diploma, no Masters meaning no Paris) well after being told how much it was going to cost me to take these classes I pretty much tried not to weep at my desk. But after many transfers to one dept to the next and me breathing in and out I found out that I can test out of the courses and graduate…now I am in study mode to pass these test because I pretty much get one shot at it. I am also in the process of submitting all my financial aid documentations because I am eligible for aid that seems to cover my tuition.

I have peace all day until I lay down to sleep then the torment begins. I’m like you have to be kidding me. My situation seems so possible all day and when I’m about to go to sleep exhausted from working I hear/feel that none of these things will happen. I start to give in. I know it is the devil with all his many lies. I then have to proclaim that if this God’s will and he had opened the doors, then He is going to continue to do so. It’s a mental fight like no other.

Well thanks again for stopping by I will try and update as more arises.

Shout out to Leila(future roomie) for providing so much info and has blessed me greatly along with her mother or mum as she would say.

Prayer Request
Visa (Part Duex)
CLEP tests
Finances

Praise Reports
Got a laptop
Eligible for Financial aid


Pslam 25:4 Show me the right path, O Lord;point out the road for me to follow.


No comments: